Sunday, November 22, 2009

Pictures and More

For the past two weekends, we have taken some family pictures - one set for Christmas pictures and the other for Talan's 2 year pictures/Christmas. From the two sessions, we DEFINITELY should have some quality pictures. We should hopefully get them within the next week and I can't wait to see them and share them with you all.

Beyond that, we are just trying to figure out budgets for Talan's birthday, Hunter's arrival, and Christmas. We purchased Talan's backyard play gym on Friday night. It has 2 swings, a glider swring, a slide, a clubhouse with a chalkboard, sand box, and monkey bars. We got a VERY good deal on it, but now we have to purchase ground covering for the rocks and the sand for the sand box. It's all rather expensive, but the boys should be able to use it for a long time to come.

Speaking of boys, we should meet Hunter very soon! I'm getting excited, but nervous at the same time. Today, I'm 30 weeks along, which SHOULD mean that we have another 10 weeks to go. For those of you who don't remember or weren't around for Talan's birth, I went into pre-term labor at 32 weeks with Talan and was put on bed rest until he was born at 36 weeks. So, although we should have another 10 weeks before Hunter arrives, you just never know around here! We have a lot to do around the house to prepare for Hunter and I'm not even close to being ready to give up my classroom to Emily yet (although I know that she will do absolutely wonderful things for my students) - so I hope that Hunter stays content "cooking" for another 8-10 weeks without any bed rest ...

Below are some pictures of Talan coloring from last night. He went into his closet on his own and got out his bucket even. He's getting so big and starting to put together 3-4 word sentences now! It's hard to believe that in less than a month, we will have a 2 year old on our hands (although we are reminded almost everyday that the "terrible twos" are here).


1 comment:

drockey said...

Cutest boy ever--so far anyway!