Saturday, November 29, 2008

Allergy Testing

Last Saturday, Talan came in contact with peanuts (we don't need to discuss how). :) On Sunday, Talan woke up with a slight rash on his face and possibly a diaper rash. We honestly didn't think much of it. However, as the day progressed, the rash continued to grow and grow. By Monday morning, the rash had spread to almost his entire body, including his ears. To say the least, I took him into the doctor. The rash on his body was actually hives, which we are guessing were from the peanuts. We gave him some Benadryl and the rash was gone by Thanksgiving. Luckily, the rash didn't seem to bother Talan - it just looked really bad.

On Monday, Aaron is taking the afternoon off to take Talan to an allergist for allergy testing. I'm really hoping they don't have to do the full allergy test where they stick him with tons of needles, but they probably will. I am praying that the hives were some kind of fluke. A food allergy is really hard, especially a peanut allergy. How can Talan ever live without experiencing peanut butter?!?! It's one of the best things in the world ... :)

Here are some pictures that I sent to Aaron on Sunday while he was at the Cardinals game of the rash progressing. Unfortunately, I didn't think quick enough to get a shot of the full hives breakout. I guess I was in Mommy mode too much and didn't think of pictures. :)I will keep everyone posted as to what happens on Monday .... hopefully we'll have good news to share.

No comments: